Hi reader friends! It’s a Thursday, so you know what that means: it’s one more day until Friday!
As I’ve mentioned several times in my Vlogmas videos, I’ll be traveling a lot this month and the next. This will be my very first overseas trip. I’m DEFINITELY nervous about how much I shouldn’t pack, but I do believe that that will force me to explore drugstores or makeup stores and try out new brands that I can’t necessarily get here.
In this post, I’m going to share with you my review of the portable makeup train case that I purchased from Amazon last week and a look into what makeup I’ll be packing in it!
The Makeup Train Case
I first featured the train case in Vlogmas Day 4, so you can click here to see a before and after (filled with makeup) of it 🙂 But, it looks like this:
It’s shaped like a box and is waterproof. It’s meant to store makeup, makeup brushes, toiletries, jewelry and travel accessories. Honestly, if my trip wasn’t so long, I’d still have too much makeup to fit anything else xD
When you open it up, on the upper side, there’s a flap that reveals elastic pockets for your makeup brushes. What I love is that there’s a flap to protect your brushes from touching things and getting damaged. There’s also a side pocket next to those pockets for anything else you want to put in there.
In the bottom part of the case are 4 compartments. The top compartment is big and can store longer and larger items. The bottom compartments can actually be resized based on your needs. You can rip out the small walls to make more room as they are attached to the case with velcro.
1) The case is sturdy. I feel like if it just so happens to knock around in my carry-on or even in my suitcase if worse comes to worse, it won’t break.
2) The flap to protect the brushes are a great feature to prevent damage to the brushes. It also attaches with velcro to ensure even more protection.
3) There’s so much space in the bottom compartments for a lot of different types of makeup. I can even fit in an eyeshadow palette or two.
1) The pockets for makeup brushes push the brush out because of the elastic and that the material is silky which make it quite a struggle to get the brushes to sit in the pockets snugly.
2) The pockets aren’t long enough for longer brushes. None of my MAC face brushes fit well enough for the flap to lay over them.
3) Because the flap goes over the brushes, it could also fray the bristles. I have to use a brush guard for my brushes in conjunction with the flap.
I do like the case. It’s super roomy! It’s also small enough to fit in my carry on. I’ll update this post when I start traveling 🙂
The Makeup I’ll Be Packing
Brows: NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Black.
Blush: NARS Blush in Deep Throat.
Bronzer: Benefit Hoola Bronzer.
Highlighters: Jouer Cosmetics Holiday Set.
Face Palette: BECCA Apres Ski Glow Face Palette.
Contour: ABH Foundation Stick in Mink.
Eyeshadow: ABH Palette, ColourPop Super Shock Eyeshadows in Bouncy + Revolution and MAC Single Eyeshadows in Parfait Amour and Carbon.
Eyeliner Sharpener: NARS.
Eyelash Curler: Shiseido.
Lip Products: NYX Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm, Milan, Addis Ababa and Amsterdam, KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks in Nahz Fur Atoo, Lovesick and Lolita, Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb, Dior Lip Glow, Clarins Lip Oil in Candy, MAC Lipsticks in Lollipop and Velvet Teddy, UD 24/7 Lip Pencil in Naked2, MAC Lip Liner in Soar, and MUFE Lip Liner in 1C.
Brushes: MAC 224, 217 and 234 (alternatives here and here), old Laura Geller set (alternatives: Sonia Kashuk Fan Brush and Complexion Brush), ELF Small Angled Brush, Highlight Brush, Small Stipple Brush, old EcoTools small shadow brush (alternative: set) and old Sonia Kashuk blending brush (alternative here).
I hope you enjoyed reading about this case and the makeup I’m bringing with me on my trips! I’m so happy I got the case. I still have room in it for possibly more makeup or any other trinkets I can think of! Also, many of these makeup products are staples in my routine, so you’ll definitely be seeing them in future makeup posts 🙂
Let me know if you’d buy this train case or something similar to it and what makeup you ALWAYS pack with you on trips!
Thanks for reading<3
Until next time,